Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stuff and Things and Stuff

Wow. I haven't posted in, well, a while. Although I do not have a photograph today, I thought I'd just say what's been going on over here in the superhouse lab.

***What I've been Doing***

  1. Refinishing vintage pieces for my etsy shop
  2. Making sure the bills are paid
  3. Creating new stuff for my etsy shop (including some new paintings)
  4. Reworking the next scene in The Adventures of Hazel
  5. Making The Candy Room
  6. Saving up for some much needed materials.
  7. Eating really healthy food and snacks :)
  8. Watching old episodes of a show called "Walking with Dinosaurs"
  9. Giving the superhouse lab a makeover

I work best when I have lots of different things to do.
PRO: when I start finishing things, I have a lot of newly completed projects
CON: it takes a hot minute to finish.

A few days ago, still not happy with the next scene in The Adventures of Hazel, I decided to step away from it and concentrate on The Candy Room. I'm building the room from scratch so it's a bit of a project, especially since I've never created something like this. I made some major changes in the appearance of the next scene so I'm looking forward to rephotographing it tonight.

*A New Experiment* If I have something to post, I'm going to just go for it instead of worrying and then not posting anything at all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see The Candy Room and your new paintings. I LOVE the pink bunny : )

Lisa said...

Awww thank you!

Stina said...

i'm so excited to see what you've been up to! lots of photos please! :)

& to comment ob your comment on my blog: i really need to focus more on my blog too. i've been so lazy & uninspired lately, i desperately need to get back on track.

& yay! the might boosh! <3

Lisa said...

Yay! Thanks for stopping by, Stina! I love your blog and look forward to your next post!

Unknown said...

Wow, When I read the last statement I thought that sounds so much like me. 75% of the blogs I write never get posted.
I can't wait to see what you've been up to!!!

apparentlyjessy said...

I like the sound of this new experiment! ;)

Mattifesto said...

These are all cool things. I enjoyed "Walking With Dinosaurs" too.

Making The Candy Room might interfere with all of that healthy eating, but sometimes one must sacrifice for the sake of great art.

I've always liked your art, and your blog is cute and charming. I'll be looking forward to further tableaus.

♥zoe♥ said...

Oh i wish i could organize my things just like how you did so well. My jewelry and painting has been stop for weeks!

Welcome back! Looking forward the candy room *TeeHee* & nie picture above!

xoxo
Zoe

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! You guys ROCK!